Thursday, December 29, 2005

Supergirl In Action

I have been living on a supergirl mode for quite a few weeks now. There has never been a day since the beginning of the semester that I had had a DND (Doing Nothing Day). Between moving classes, researching on assignments, preparing for presentations, wrapping kebabs, waitressing and attending not-to-be-missed social affairs, I barely even have the time to do my nails.

I finally had some time off last weekend and boy, did it feel good watching a whole season of Sex and The City at one go. Still, being the multitasking elf I am, I spring-cleaned my room, sorted my laundry and got rid of all things unsightly from the fridge while listening to Carrie whining away about her sex life.

But I’m not complaining though. Having my diary filled with Uni and work and other obligations means that my days are pretty much occupied – which means I am faced with less of those ‘lonely moments’ when images of home and loved ones back home seem to repeat themselves in my mind. And time does pass more quickly when you have plenty of things in your hands.

Getting a job has not only kept my days filled, but it has also changed my spending habits. Ironically, I am spending less on The Unecessaries – a positive sign of compulsive shopping habit in treatment. My European tour le’grande has become my strongest motivation and it makes me feel good seeing those digits growing =)

But then again, no girl should deny herself those small, harmless pleasures. Especially SuperGirls like me hehe. Like the fabulous ala’ Carrie Bradshaw purple clutch I found at a bargain today. It would have been a crime to my wardrobe to have refused it. Anyway, I always believe that all money-saving efforts necessitate the occasional ‘fuel-injection’ purchases…

So there, I am a happy lark today. Me, a Supergirl and my purple Carrie Bradshaw clutch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home